What is scarier than an evil child? Not much! Here are 13 of the spookiest children from horror films:
13. The kids – “Village of the Damned” (1960) An English village is taken over by Arian race, and they come with mind control. Village of the Damned is based on a novel by John Wyndham.
12. Baby- “Rosemary’s Baby” (1968) In Roman Polansky’s atmospheric tale, the tike doesn’t make an appearance until the very end. By today’s standards, he’s a bit cheesy, but he does have his father’s eyes. (There is a 2014 remake, but I can’t speak to it as I’ve not seen it.)
10. Grady Twins – “The Shining” (1980) When their story is known, they are rather sad characters. Still, Danny is best served not taking up their offer to play. Along the sympathetic antagonist lines, Kyra from “The Sixth Sense” vomits her tale to great effect.
4. Samara – “The Ring” (2002) A video heralds the death of the viewers. A reporter tries to solve the mystery before this angry spirit exacts vengeance. “The Ring” is a fairly faithful remake of the Japanese creeper, “Ringu.”
3. Henry Evans – “The Good Son” (1993) This film shows the terrors behind angelic, psychotic faces. McCauley Calkin plays the role. However, Rhoda from “The Bad Seed” (1956) must be here mentioned, since the movies portray kids who could have been related.
2. Regan MacNeil – “The Exorcist” (1976) Horrifying effects and foul language haunt this little devil Pazuzu in a flannel nightgown. The saddest part of Regan’s character is the audience never loses sight of the little girl trapped within the possessed body. I read about the inspiration for the story, a young college-aged boy. Scary stuff.